Wednesday readings from 8/30/17 on the topic of “Overcoming resentment and hatred”
Gen. 25: 20, 24, 27- 34
20. And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife,
24. And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
27. And the boys grew: […]
My printer needed to have two ink cartridges replaced, one blue and one red. As I prepared the blue cartridge for insertion, it began to leak all over my fingers. I quickly put it in the printer, but the damage was done. Bright blue ink was all over my fingers. I grabbed a Kleenex to […]
I am writing this testimony in the hope that others may be blessed by turning to the healing power of God’s divine love as understood in Christian Science.
I had injured both of my wrists and found them very painful, perhaps from over extending myself in an exercise class. It was hard for me to […]
I would like to share my personal experience relating how I was introduced to Christian Science…
Not having been born into a Christian Science family it was later in life, after college, that I had the opportunity to learn about it through a dear friend who was a teacher at the Principia Upper School in St. […]
I have had many blessings as the result of being a student of Christian Science. One blessing my 9 year old son and I experienced, was a very quick healing of a severe case of painful flea bites on his body. We had just received 2 beautiful kittens and he was playing with them. Soon […]
I have relied on Christian Science all my life and understand the power of gratitude I often say out loud, ‘Thank You’ to God for something which I had found, something which went well, something which was a problem but no more a problem, for dropping something tiny on my multicolor carpet and being able […]
A message from one of our members to her granddaughter, relating her experience praying for and supporting her needs.
Last month when I came up to see your performance in “We Can Do It,” you were very busy rehearsing and painting sets for the production while your mom was up in Vancouver, B.C. […]
Nearly 30 years ago, when I was living in California, a small growth appeared on my face. I didn’t take much notice of it until my hairdresser remarked, “Oh, you’re just like me—you’ll eventually get around to doing something about that.” I appreciated her cheerful and dismissive attitude, but to be honest, I was […]
When I was a teenager, I began suffering from seasonal allergies at the end of each summer. Often when my family and friends were enjoying activities outdoors, I was either trying to keep up and feeling miserable, or cooped up indoors, not feeling much better.
Once when I was with my family at a lake […]
Excellent article originally published in the Christian Science Sentinel:
Which college should I attend, and what should I study? What profession shall I pursue, in what location? Is this the right time and the right person for me to marry? Is it better to be a stay-at-home parent or continue with my career?
Second Church of Christ, Scientist, San Jose
2060 Cottle Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125
Phone: (408) 265-1661
- Dec 16 Sun 10:00 am Sunday Church Service and Sunday School @ Second Church of Christ, Scientist, San Jose CA
- Dec 23 Sun 10:00 am Sunday Church Service and Sunday School @ Second Church of Christ, Scientist, San Jose CA
- Dec 30 Sun 10:00 am Sunday Church Service and Sunday School @ Second Church of Christ, Scientist, San Jose CA
- Jan 02 Wed 6:30 pm Wednesday Evening Gratitude Sharing Testimony Meeting @ Second Church of Christ, Scientist, San Jose CA
- Jan 06 Sun 10:00 am Sunday Church Service and Sunday School @ Second Church of Christ, Scientist, San Jose CA
Upcoming Bible Lessons
- 12/16/2018 - God the Preserver of Man
- 12/23/2018 - Is the Universe, Including Man, Evolved by Atomic Force?
- 12/30/2018 - Christian Science